Malaska Golf Instruction Certification
Each week through early October I'm working with all the GreatLIFE instructors to certify the group as "Malaska certified instructors" at a basic level of understanding of the concepts that have made Mike Malaska one of the foremost golf instructors in the world.
The training includes theoretical work, understanding and hands-on application. Hopefully we will move through the basic certification level and start into our more sophisticated concepts and applications with students, moving the instructors to more advanced Malaska certification levels before this season ends in October.
Malaska Golf Concepts:
1. Lead arm grip
2. Train the hands. Swinging a club head, not a grip and shaft.
3. Left arm rotator
4. Arms, etc. soft & relaxed. Rotation occurs in the rotating shoulder. joint.
5. Directing & controlling momentum of the club head
6. Swing is a circle; doesn't travel down tne line
.7. Counteracting forces
8. Hips firing/clearing- NOT
9. Hips invading space
We play all sports, run and jump with loose, fast muscles.
Terms & Vocabulary
4. Hinge, rehinge
6. Hitting down vs. Gravity
7. Lag. Proper wrist hinge, not a forced action and wrists being relaxed